There are four supported options for creating, managing and hosting a website with Harvard University Information Technology: OpenScholar, Harvard SharePoint, Harvard Google Sites and Harvard Wikis. Blogs at Harvard is only available to course sites at this time.There may be other options available to you at your school that are not included here. This section provides information that will help you begin to determine which option might be best for you. There are some basic differences and similarities to note:
- OpenScholar and Google Sites are self provisioning
- SharePoint and Wikis require a request to HUIT's Service Desk
- OpenScholar and Wikis are available to anyone with a Harvard University ID
- SharePoint and Google Sites are available to a subsection of Harvard University
- All of these platforms are supported by HUIT and/or your local IT support staff
The Qualtrics platform is a survey tool that you can use to add forms and surveys to your website.
Please use this website as a resource and reference. We are available to assist and support you as needed throughout this process.